Satisfy your inner geek with these tidbits:
1) Comprehensive and mostly comprehensible reviews of three TV tuners for the Mac from Network Computing.
2) Software download ($29) of a DVD to Apple TV converter from Daniusoft.
3) If you really must play around with things you’re not supposed to, at least get some guidance. Here’s a websiteappletvhacks.net whose name says it all (probably good for SEO).
4) Apple released iTunes 7.3.2 supposedly providing bug fixes to improve stability and performance, but it caused AppleTV’s around the world to start crashing. Here’s how to fix it. (Unrelated, but related: the Quicktime 7.2 released last week also caused video to go down on thousands of computers. Go to Apple support discussions to read the tales of woe from QuickTime users whose only crime was to download the latest version. It seems that everything else related to QT needed updating too, like Flash, Adobe Reader and Shockwave, among other files, but Apple didn’t bother to tell us).
5) Miglia’s VideoExpress offers hardware video converter for Apple TV, iPhone, iPod.